Katherine Anne Confections will host a decadent Wine, Cheese and Chocolate pairing event.
Where: 2745 W. Armitage in Logan Square in Chicago
When: February 10, 2012 @ 2:00 p.m.
Chocolate, wine, cheese, and beer – great tastes that taste great together. Enjoy an evening of perfect pairings featuring artisan truffles, boutique wines, savory cheese bites, and local brews.
$25 in advance, or $30 at the door. Open-house format.
- VineJoy: try six different wines
- FIG Catering: cheese-focused savory bites
- Katherine Anne Confections: new truffles, caramels, and marshmallows
- Half Acre Beer: 3 awesome brews
You’ll get to try a total of 12 pairings of wine, beer, chocolate, and savory nibbles.
Katherine Anne Confections:
- Passionfruit Ginger Truffle
- Mayan Cherry Truffle
- Champagne Raspberry Truffle
- Fleur de Sel Caramel
- “Hot” Chocolate Marshmallow
- last treat TBD!
- Fiction Red, Zinfandel Blend
- Jean Bousquet, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alto Sur Malbec, Argentina
- Shakedown White, Sauvignon Blanc blend
- Vigneron de Caractere Blanc
- Corturri Sandocino, Cabernet/syrah/zin
- Daisy Cutter
- Over Ale
- Rosemary Gorgonzola Gougees
- Housemade Potato Chips with Butterkase Fondue
- Cowda on Pistachio Shortbread with FIG Jam
- Smoked Salmon on a Bagel Chip with Mango-Dill-Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- Camembert & Apple Tartlet
- Blue Cheese & Steak Crostini with Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Wine, truffles/caramels/’mallows and other treats will be available for purchase or pre-order.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- I Love French Wine and Food – A Southwestern Red Blend (wine-reviews.vino-con-vista.info)
- Best California Wine, Best Wines Under $20, Buy Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Blanc (wine-reviews.vino-con-vista.info)
- It’s Your Choice. Which Wine Will You Choose (wine-reviews.vino-con-vista.info)
- The California Wine Region (wine-reviews.vino-con-vista.info)