The Park Hyatt Masters of Food & Wine Program is a series of Global Food and Wine Events. These culinary workshops are available at Park Hyatt hotels. Park Hyatt chefs and sommeliers lead masters-in-training quarterly classes at hotels around the world. Park Hyatt Masters events take place on the following dates: January 13-15; March 23-25; June 22-24 and September 21-23, 2012.
Here’s how it works. The Park Hyatt chefs and sommeliers lead masters-in-training seminars in different types of
“hands-on courses” on the designated day. The events have various themes like:
(1) In the Field: Interaction with artisanal food or beverage purveyors
(2) In the Kitchen: Onsite cooking, prep workshops and specialty tastings
(3) In the Moment: Tips on service and presentation
Check out the full calendar of events and participating properties’ itineraries at www.mastersfoodandwine.com.
Here’s a list of some of the activities:
• Park Hyatt Maldives will host a fishing excursion led by the hotel’s Executive Chef and resident Marine Biologist. The following day, guests will collect local produce on a farm on a nearby island. After returning to the resort, they will learn regional cooking techniques and participans will enjoy a traditional Maldivian meal prepared with the fresh ingredients caught and collected.
• Park Hyatt Washington will host a local microbrew tasting with the brew masters at PortCity Brewing Company, a winter tea blend tasting with Certified Tea Master Rodrick Markus, and an intimate cooking class with Blue Duck Tavern Chef de Cuisine John Melfi highlighting the season’s best ingredients.
• Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi will host an excursion to a local date farm. Following the excursion, guests are invited to a cooking class led by the culinary team where they will learn to prepare the region’s famous hot and cold mezza as well as delicious Arabic sweets.
• Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is partnering with ski legend Chris Anthony and Silver Oak Cellars to host a weekend of great skiing, delicious food and decadent wine. Après-ski, participants will enjoy tasty Colorado cuisine prepared by 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill’s Executive Chef, Christian Apetz with a reserve wine tasting led by Silver Oaks.
Park Hyatt Chicago: Sofia Solomon and Judy Schad will host an event at NoMI Kitchen on March 23, 2012. Participants will experience an interactive goat cheese tasting accompanied by wine and beer in the Wine Cellar.
“Judy Solomon is the founder of Tekla, Inc. and one of Chicago’s foremost purveyors of fine foods and wines. Judy is a true American farmstead cheesemaker and the co-owner of Capriole Farms in Southern Indiana. She has been making farmstead cheeses and managing her herd of 500 goats for over 25 years.”
The cost of the event is $75. It will be held at the Wine Cellar on the 7th floor at 800 N. Michigan from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Contact NoMI Kitchen for reservations.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- The Austin Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Festival in Colorado (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Raise Your Glass to the Celebrity Chefs at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival for Generating over $17 million for FIU (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Cancun Riviera Maya Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Mexico: “Taste the New World” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Check Out the Spruce Goose at the McMinnville Food and Wine Classic 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 27th Annual Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival 2012 in South Carolina (vinoconvistablog.me)